License conditions for authors who want to publish in the journal Vodovod.info. By sending the article to the editorial office, the author agrees to these conditions.
1. As part of its activities, the publisher publishes a journal called Vodovod.info, alternatively also the Vodárenský informační portál (hereinafter referred to as the "journal").
2. The author is interested in publishing his author's work in a journal, and therefore provided the publisher with his work (hereinafter referred to as "the work").
II. Use of the work
1. The author hereby grants the publisher the right to exercise the right to use the work (license), for all uses of the work to an unlimited extent. The publisher is thus entitled to use the work in particular as follows:
a) issue, ie. distribution within the meaning of § 14 of the Copyright Act (even repeated) in a journal or other periodical or non-periodical publication, to any extent (cost), as well as reproduction within the meaning of § 13 of the Copyright Act to an unlimited extent for such publication (distribution) ;
b) renting, lending and possibly also exhibiting in the sense of the provisions of § 15 to § 17 of the Copyright Act;
c) communication to the public in an intangible form in the sense of the provisions of § 18 et seq. of the Copyright Act, including making the work accessible in such a way that anyone can have access to it at the place and time of their choice (provisions of § 18 para. 2 of the Copyright Act), as well as by reproducing the work for that purpose to an unlimited extent;
d) within the use of the work according to letter a) to c) use the work also for non-commercial and commercial (ie carried out for profit and without such purpose) advertising or other promotion of one's person and the results of one's activities (especially a journal); such use within the use according to letter a) to c) means that the advertisement or other promotion will be related to the publication of the work in a journal or its other use;
e) within the use of the work according to letter a) to d) use the work in whole or in part, in conjunction with other author's works and with text, images, photographs or sound of a non-authorial nature, inclusion in a database or other set of works of authorial and non-authorial character; for this purpose, the publisher is entitled to combine the work with other author's works as well as with text, images, photographs and sound of a non-authorial character, to include it in a database or another set of works of authorial and non-authorial character;
f) enable the use of the work by third parties for non-commercial purposes and provided that the author's name and full bibliographic citation of the journal (journal title, volume, number and possibly DOI) are stated, where the work was published.
2. The right to use a work referred to in paragraph 1 shall be granted:
a) as non-exclusive, ie. the author is still entitled to use the work himself, as well as to grant the right to use it to a third party,
b) for the duration of the proprietary copyrights to the work,
c) for the worldwide territory,
d) with the right to further provide it to third parties, both by granting a sublicense and by assigning a license, with the right to further transfers in both ways.
3. The publisher is obliged to use the work exclusively with the name of the author, without the author's designation, the publisher is entitled to use the work only if it is usual in a specific case.
4. The publisher is not obliged to use the license provided by the author in full.
5. The contracting parties have agreed in accordance with the provisions of § 2366 par. b) of the Civil Code that the license is provided by the author free of charge.
6. In the case of use of the work by dissemination via the Internet, the license is granted according to Creative Commons CC BY-NC (Indicate origin - Do not use commercially).
III. Author's guarantees
1. The author is responsible to the publisher for the legal integrity of the work, which means that the author is the sole creator of the work, the work is original and has not been publicly used by the author (or third party), and that its use (to the extent agreed in this contract) by the publisher or a third party deriving its authority from this contract:
(a) the copyrights of third parties will not be unduly affected;
(b) other rights and legitimate interests of third parties, such as the right to the protection of the personality of natural persons and the right to the protection of the reputation of legal persons, shall not be unduly affected; and
c) generally binding legal regulations will not be violated,
and that the author did not grant an exclusive license to use the work to a third party prior to entering into this Agreement.
2. If the publisher or a third party deriving his right from this contract would suffer damage or other harm due to legal defects in the work, the author is obliged to compensate this damage in full.
IV. Author's consent to the processing of personal data
1. The author agrees that the data provided by the publisher in the scope of name, surname, workplace address, contact e-mail, or the telephone number will be transferred and further processed for the uses specified in Part II, paragraph 1 of this Agreement.
V. Final provisions
1. These license conditions are governed by the provisions of Czech law, in particular the Copyright Act and the Civil Code, as amended.
2. Any amendment to this Agreement may only be made with the written consent of both Parties. This agreement can only be terminated in writing.
Publisher information is provided in the section about Publisher.